Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vacation Day 8 (Friday)

Today was a fun day at Sea. After breakfast, Rob and I played Trivia. We got 14.5 right out of 20. the winner got 16 right. After that, we found lounge chairs on deck 10 in the shade. Rob was working on homework and I was reading. A short time later I met up with Jana and Bryan on the lido to play cards. We played canasta until lunch. Rob took a break from homework to eat lunch with us. After lunch guess what I did? Went to my room for a nap while Rob finished his homework.

Tonight was our final elegant night. We had our waitress Charonut (pronounced Chardonnay) from Thailand pose for pictures with us. She was hilarious. She called Rob 'Big Baby' all week since a few times he didn't like his dinner and asked her to bring him something else.

Since we last cruised 2 years ago, Carnival added a 'Didja' section (as in did you ever want to try...) to their menu where they offer a 'unique' item each night. Most nights the 4 of us would order one and each try a little of it. Tonights Didja was Escargot. I hated the slimy texture of it.

After dinner we wasted 45 minutes of our lives at the comedy show which was painfully awful. Had we been sitting near the door we would have left. He told jokes like, "How do you cook toilet paper?" You brown one side and throw it in the pot. Unfortunately, that was one of his funniest jokes and it's not even funny. Following the comedy show we went to the big production show called, "Ticket to Ride." It was a tribute to the Beatles. It was our 3rd time seeing it and we really enjoy it.

After the show Rob and I went to change out of our nice clothes and went to deck 12 of the Serenity deck to lie in a hammock and look at the gorgeous moon. After a little while, Jana and Bryan joined us. We got the crazy idea to go get on swimsuits and sit in the hot tub. Unbeknownst to us, the hot tub closes at 10, so when we got back up there it was already closed. Still after 3 cruises I have yet to go in the hot tub.


Escargot

No comments: