We arrived at their location and boarded a speed boat. The boat took us to a floating dock where we all got into two person kayaks. We kayaked around a decent sized island. Along the way the guide would stop us frequently and show us different things in the water. At one point he pulled out 2 star fishes and passed them around. I had my waterproof digital camera and took some great pictures. When we arrived back at the floating dock we got back in the boat. We stopped at devils bridge for some pictures. Then we were taken to bird island. The guide hiked with us to the top---it was a fairly easy 5-8 minute climb. The views from the top were stunning. We were given some time at the top to enjoy the views and take pictures.
After climbing back down people were given the choice to stay on bird island or to be taken a short distance off shore for snorkeling. We chose to snorkel. They had snorkeling belts for anyone who wanted them. After getting in the water, I turned on my camera and I got an error message saying my memory card needed to be reformatted. All the pictures I had taken to that point were erased :( The snorkeling was ok---we saw some fish and had a great time, however I've snorkeled in better locations. After 30 or 40 minutes we went back to Bird Island. We had about 20 minutes to do whatever we wanted--some explored, some played at the beach, we climbed to the top again and retook some of the pictures that had been erased. There was a jug of some 'red punch' nearby. Bryan was dying for some--LOL. After 20 minutes we all boarded the boats and went back to where we started.
After we exited the boat we were given super cold wash cloths--they were so refreshing! We were served drinks (rum punch or a non alcoholic tropical punch) and banana bread. They have beautiful grounds with an abundance of shade where we relaxed for a short time before boarding the buses back to port. We had a fabulous day. On our way back to the port it started pouring. Initially our plan was to go eat lunch on the ship and then take a taxi to the beach. With the rain we decided not to leave the ship.
After lunch I took my daily siesta while Rob worked on homework. We ate dinner with Jana and Bryan. After dinner we went to the thriller dance class and learned how to do the thriller dance. Then we participated in the Gender Showdown. It was a trivia like game-ladies against the men. One of the questions the ladies were asked is, "Where are the Ural Mountains located?" I had no clue, but I knew Rob would know so I looked over at him and saw him telling Bryan they were in Russia. I called our team captain over and told her the answer. We got it right--tying the game. Thanks Rob. Rob was so annoyed and accused me of cheating the rest of the trip. LOL
After the game we went to the International Lounge so Rob could sing Karaoke. He sang Tell Her About it by Billy Joel.
Devil's Bridge
1 comment:
HA! I never thought Rob would be the Karokee type. Love all your pics and details.
Post a Comment