Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving week

This week has been a whirl-wind. This year, we hosted Thanksgiving at our house and had the majority of my family in town. My parents arrived from CA on Tuesday (along with Amy's boyfriend, Sean). Tuesday night, we found out that Pieter (Leslie's boyfriend) had proposed to her and she accepted. They're planning to get married early in the summer. On Wednesday, I spent most of the day cooking. Thursday morning, the kids helped me make oreo turkeys to put at each place on the table. We had 18 people at our house for dinner, my mom, dad, Laura (sister), Dan (BIL), Jonathan, Nolan, Miles (nephews), Leslie (sister), Pieter (soon to be BIL), Jacob (Leslie's friend), Amy (sister), Sean (Amy's sig other), Rob, me, Shalyn, Avery, Zane and Cole. We ate until we couldn't eat any more! Later that evening, we all played games (minus Laura's family who had returned home).



On Friday, we decided to skip the madness of black Friday shopping! In the afternoon, mom, Leslie and I went to a few bridal shops and she tried on dresses. Last night, my parents had rented a place called the Power Tumbling Gym in Provo. We all had a ball! It's a gymnastics tumbling facility that had trampolines, a foam pit, springboard floor, and lots of other fun things for the adults, oops, I mean kids to play on. Afterwards we went to Amy's apartment and had pizza for dinner. When we got home, our three little kids went right to sleep.



Today, Saturday, Rob started off his day by hauling all the Christmas decorations up from the basement (thank you honey, I know how thrilled you were). My parents have gone shopping for the day so I'm trying to decorate the house.

Hope you all had a Happy and safe Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lisa and Curtis said...

That may be the cutest turkey ever! Too bad I want to eat him! lol Great pics!!