Monday, February 2, 2009

Wal-Mart Parking lot

The kids and I had to do a Wal-Mart run on Saturday afternoon. Just by chance, I happened to get an awesome parking spot. Zane was completely hideous inside the store, he threw one tantrum after the next. The real kicker was when I wouldn't let him see the 'fishys' because he'd been warned that if he didn't stop having tantrums he wouldn't get to see them. So he screamed from before we started checking out until after we got home--lovely. Ok, so that isn't the point of this post.

Anyways, so here I am, a mom with 4 kids, pushing a cart full of grocerys out to my car. As soon as I reach our van a lady driving down the isle decides to stop and wait for my spot. Seriously?!?! I mean I had just barely gotten to my van, it's going to be a while to get all my kids/grocerys loaded up. She could have parked in the farthest parking space in the entire parking lot and walked into the store before I was finished. I had two boys to buckle in car seats, one of which was in the midst of a huge tantrum and doing everything in his power not to get buckled. After I got the boys buckled I started putting the grocerys in the trunk. I refused to hurry as I put them in. It probably took more than 5 mintues from the time we got to the car until we actually left our spot. I love finding good parking spaces, but I refuse to wait in order to get them.

5 comments:

Just Jana said...

YOU should have moved in slow motion! What a wacko lady! So sorry about the WalMart experience! I think it tends to bring out the WORST in just about every child that enters the store!

Lisa and Curtis said...

ohhh I hate when people do that!! Drives me nuts, and I sometimes get frazzled, which makes me take LONGER! lol
Sorry about Zane! Dontcha just love trips to WM w/the kids? haha NOT!
take care

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister! that's so true, it happens to me all the time. wal-mart is not a fun place in the parking lot

Mama Mia said...

That STINKS! YOu should have sat in your car making a phone call or something just to take MORe time!

mommyto3kiddos said...

OMG...I hate it when I've just gotten to the car w/the 2 kids and all the groceries and there's someone waiting for me to move my car! I'm the same way, there's no way I'm waiting that long. Plus, I feel guilty that it is taking me so long, although I know I shouldn't.