Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I can't freakin' believe it
Zane had surgery to have tubes placed in his ears on March 7, 2008 because he had a problem with reoccurring ear infections. I had been through the process of tubes with Shalyn when she was two. After her surgery, she only had 2 more ear infections in the more than three years she had her tubes. On April 28, Zane was diagnosed with an ear infection. When a kid has tubes it is obvious when the ear is infected, blood and puss both start coming out of the ear. His ear infection was so bad that instead of using the typically prescribed ear drops, he was treated with omnicef instead. So, he's been off the medication for exactly one week. Today he began running a fever and complaining that his ear felt 'hot'. Sure enough tonight blood and puss were coming out of his ear. Guess we're heading back to the doctors again tomorrow. What's the point of tubes if he's going to keep getting ear infections every other week?!?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy belated birthday to Zane! I hope his ears are feeling better!! I really hope and pray that Addison doesn't keep getting the EI's!! Have a great weekend Aly!
Post a Comment