Sunday, December 6, 2009

The week of Yuck!

It all started right after Thanksgiving. Cole had been having a non-productive cough for nearly two weeks. On Thanksgiving, we went to my sister's house in Lindon and had dinner with all 3 of my sisters, my 2 brother in laws, 3 nephews and my parents. The next morning, Cole woke up with a hacking cough and a temperature. On Saturday, Rob woke up with similar symptoms. On Sunday, I woke up with a small cough but no temperature. About an hour after I got home from church my cough got nasty, and I got a temp.

Because of stupid Nestle rules, Rob had to force himself to go to work on Monday morning or he wouldn't get paid for two days from last week, and he'd lose 4 hours of personal time. He went, and fortunately got sent home about 3 hours later. We spent the rest of Monday alternating between one of us being in bed and the other taking care of the boys. Cole was completely better at this point, but, I suspected Zane was starting to come down with it. By afternoon, Zane spiked a fever of over 104.

On Tuesday, Rob and I hauled ourselves to the doctor where he was diagnosed with pneumonia, and I was told I had a bad cold---duh! We spent the rest of the week slowly getting better. Rob wont go back to work until Wednesday this week and Zane is still down the count. We took him the ped on Friday and after doing blood work and chest x-rays they decided it's just a virus and will have to run its course. At least the girls have remained healthy through all this yuck!

No comments: