You've probably heard on the news about the huge storm hitting the western US and the Rocky Mountains. We've been getting snowed on pretty consistently since Sunday. Today it's stepped up a notch and is snowing really hard. I think this storm is literally stuck right over our town. This morning Rob and I drove to Provo for my 24 week appointment and another U/S. By the time we left Provo, it had completely stopped snowing there, the roads were plowed and in the distance we actually saw a glimpse of blue sky. The freeway was great, until we hit the 2nd Springville exit. From there, it only got worse. The city is having a hard time keeping up the plowing on the major roads, so you can forget the residential areas. I was afraid we were going to get stuck when we were dropping Zane off at pre-school. Rob is currently outside shoveling the driveway for the 2nd time today. Everything you see on the driveway has accumulated in just the last 6 hours. We've easily had over a foot of snow in that time. As one of the friends said,
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
The Weather outside if frightful!
You've probably heard on the news about the huge storm hitting the western US and the Rocky Mountains. We've been getting snowed on pretty consistently since Sunday. Today it's stepped up a notch and is snowing really hard. I think this storm is literally stuck right over our town. This morning Rob and I drove to Provo for my 24 week appointment and another U/S. By the time we left Provo, it had completely stopped snowing there, the roads were plowed and in the distance we actually saw a glimpse of blue sky. The freeway was great, until we hit the 2nd Springville exit. From there, it only got worse. The city is having a hard time keeping up the plowing on the major roads, so you can forget the residential areas. I was afraid we were going to get stuck when we were dropping Zane off at pre-school. Rob is currently outside shoveling the driveway for the 2nd time today. Everything you see on the driveway has accumulated in just the last 6 hours. We've easily had over a foot of snow in that time. As one of the friends said,
"Hello snow, goodbye ground, see you in March!"
Dear Santa, Please bring me a 4 wheeler with a plow attached for Christmas! --I can dream right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have been thinking "the weather outside is frightful" since Sunday also. It looks like you have more snow than we have in Orem, but ours is still awful! Some of my neighbors have those 4 wheelers with snow plow things attached and occasionally they'll do all the sidewalks and streets for us. It would be so nice to have one of my own for my driveway though. Congrats on the baby in your belly!! That's so exciting!
I want a 4track and shovel too!! We caught up to you today!! At least you don't have the death defying hill we have to drive up and down!!! eeeekkk!! Glad I'm in the tank kia!! ha!
Post a Comment