Swine flu has found it's way to our house. So far Shalyn has it for sure and Zane may be coming down with it. Shalyn started coughing an innocent sounding cough on Thursday evening. Friday, she got up and went to school. Right after school, we left for the Pediatrician's office for Avery's 7 year old well-check and for flu shots for all the kids. While we were driving to Provo, Shalyn said she was hot and wasn't feeling well. During Avery's appointment, she opted to sit in the waiting room. When Avery's exam was complete the nurse called Shalyn back and she joined us in the room. She looked horrible. It's amazing how fast she went down hill during that 30 minutes. The nurse got a thermometer and took her temp, 102.7. No shot for her. On Saturday morning out Pediatrician called us and asked how Shalyn was doing. I told him her symptoms and he confirmed she has swine flu. They are completely out of test cultures at the office so they aren't even doing them right now. He called in a prescription of Tamaflu for her and we got her started on it.
She seems to be feeling a little better today, her temp is in the 99 and low 100's. That alone would make anyone feel better from the 103+ is was a few days ago.
We all went to church today except for Shalyn. Right after we got there, Zane's nose started to run. It was clear, but we didn't want to risk exposing anyone to him in case it is the beginning of the flu. Rob drove him home and left him with Shalyn. When the first part of church was over, Rob and I went home to check on Zane and Shalyn. Zane has started running a low grade fever, 99.5 and I'm fearing he's at the beginning of the flu. I guess if more of our kids are going to get it, I'd rather they get it sooner than later. Also, this is a short week of school, there's only 3 school days this week.
1 comment:
I am so sorry it has hit your family. This swine flu thing is crazy and a little scary. Hope everyone gets feeling better. Let me know if I can so anything.
Post a Comment