Several weeks ago we started a sleep boot camp with Cole. We'd had enough of his habitual late night wakings. When he'd wake, Rob or I would go into his room, give him his paci and rub his back. After a few nights of this he started doing really well (meaning it no longer would take hours to get him back to sleep.) He'd go to bed at 7 and then sleep until 4 or 5am. Then Thanksgiving happened and everything went to pot. My parents stayed with us for nearly a week. There was no way I was going to make them endure Cole's nightly screaming so for that week, we caved and gave him a bottle at night. Cole started waking up earlier and earlier to get his bottle. So the week ends, my parents return to California and we're back to having a non-sleeping Cole.
Boot camp started on Monday night and he has improved so much already. Last night, Cole went to bed at 7, woke up at 4:50, I gave him his paci and rubbed his back (no bottle), and he went back to sleep until 7am. YAY Cole!!! I think I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
3 comments:
Yeah that is awesome! And Thank you for the birthday notes.
I wish you luck!
At least cole is a baby try having your six your old up all night wanting to join you in bed! I finally have had to threaten her if she doesn't stay in her bed she is grounded and cant play with Avery!!! Luckily for Avery I don't always enforce it! ha!
Post a Comment