Monday, December 27, 2010

Cole Turns 3!

Today our silly Cole turned 3 years old! The past three years with him have flown by. Cole is a whirlwind of energy and is always getting into something. He can be the naughtiest boy one minute and the sweetest cuddly boy the next. We love him so much and we're so glad he's in our family.

I had a major cake disaster today as I was making his birthday cake. For about two months he's been telling me that he wanted a chocolate cake with strawberries on the inside and he wanted snoopy on his cake. I figured it would be no problem to make. I have an amazing chocolate mousse cake filling I use and I was planning on adding strawberries with the mousse. The biggest mistake I made was I didn't make a dense enough cake. When I went to put the layers together the whole thing fell apart. This happened at 3pm, there was no time to start over. I went to the grocery store and found the least decorated cake I could in the bakery. Unfortunately for Cole, I needed a cake with a white frosting background for snoopy and all the chocolate cakes had chocolate frosting so I had to get a white cake. When we got home I scraped off the bakery's frosting (hence the trace of green frosting at the bottom of the cake) and was able to draw a snoopy on the cake.









Happy Birthday Chimp! Hope you're as much fun at 3 as you were at 2!!!

1 comment:

Just Jana said...

you are the best cake maker ever! I don't even try--store bought--works for me!! You get major points for all the effort you put in! Looks like he loved it!!